Job location: Durban
Job sector: Information Technology
Works independently taking full responsibility for a certain area within Project Management. Primary role in Project Management co-ordinating project activities and ensuring all project phases are documented appropriately. Compiles project status reports, co-ordinates project schedules, manages project meetings, and identifies and resolves problems.
- Works on projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
- Applies standards and methodologies, provides expertise and support on use of methods and tools.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Identifies and assesses risks to the success of the project. Agrees the project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracking activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Builds reporting/status updates, agenda stakeholder and owner meetings, facilitates other meetings, monitors and co-ordinates overall project plan.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifying potential benefits and available options for consideration.
- Maintains project documents, plans and other information in the project repository ensuring easy access and usability by the project team, follows up on task where appropriate.
- Creates PowerPoint and Visio documentation for the project team to facilitate understanding of complex project issues as well as to document process flows.
- Co-ordinates project resource changes, including space, equipment, and update of project documentation (team lists, organisation charts, etc.).
- Schedules project meetings, co-ordinating attendance and documents meeting notes and activities.
- Works on projects using available frameworks and tools and establishes plans for projects with on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Supports seniors in providing project oversight, tracking risks, assumptions, issues and decisions.
- Maintains the status of project and provides guidance to the work of junior team members. Works across teams to achieve group goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Project management knowledge
- Additional course or certification in Business Consulting