QE Associate Technical Engineer – Talent Pool
Job location: Durban
Job sector: Quality Engineering
Entry level in the Quality Engineering job family. Working as part of a team executing effective and professional quality engineering services aligned with Trissential methodologies. Works under the supervision of a senior team member. Learning the basics of Quality Engineering. Delivers in own area and contributes to overall on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Contributes to the successful completion of projects and works on small projects, progressing to working on multiple phases of a project. Works within low risk and low complexity projects.
- Applies data analysis and data modelling techniques to modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Creates and executes basic non-functional test scripts following a given set of guidelines and sets up test environments, data and monitors.
- Designs, codes, tests and documents simple programs or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered system.
- Collates and reports information, investigates to define problems more accurately and identify trends and exceptions.
- Successfully works with databases and operating systems to read, update, insert and delete information.
- Uses agreed standards and tools from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations. Collaborates in reviews of specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Maintains the status of project responsibilities and works across teams to achieve group goals.
- Takes ownership of own career development, demonstrating progress toward professional goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other
related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Foundation
- Additional course or certification in Quality Engineering
- Certification in NFT Tools such HP QTP, Selenium, HP LR etc.
- Shows genuine interest in the business and clients. Understands how the business can contribute to clients.
- Professional attitude, with experience in treating stakeholders with respect and dignity.
- Open to the possibility of change and considers ways to implement and adapt any changes in own role.
- Good communication skills, communicating effectively with appropriate level of detail, using language that connects with different audiences.
Must be flexible, independent and self motivated.
Willingness to learn and participate in learning and training for personal and professional development.
Has a professional outlook. Acts with integrity at all times.
- Ability to manage own expenses and adhere to the expense policy.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of quality engineering processes and principles and understands the differences and benefits between the core services and can communicate this.
- Has a basic level of quality engineering expertise and can combine with domain understanding.
- Good understanding of system architecture. Has experience in at least one development language and discipline. Comfortable with basic SQL.
- Experience in assisting with coding, testing, debugging, executing and documenting simple automated functional tests in at least one industry-standard tool.
- Good development/scripting skills in common languages like VB, JAVA, PERL, C++, etc.
- Knowledge in any of the performance testing, data and test automation tools such as HP Performance Center/ LoadRunner, HP UFT /QTP, HP Service Test, Service Virtualize, SoapUI, CA LISA, CA GridTools Data Maker/ DataManager, JMeter, Neoload, Selenium, IBM Rational Integration Tester, Rational Robot, Borland SilkTest, TOSCA, Atlassian Jira, Jenkins, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkins etc.
- Good self management, with experience in delivering reliably and consistently against defined goals, adapting own approach to ensure goals are met.