Technical Engineer – Talent Pool
Job location: Durban
Job sector: Quality Engineering
Works independently taking full responsibility for a certain area. Works on quality engineering projects using available frameworks and tools and establishing plans for projects with on-time and on-budget project goals. Primary role in Quality Engineering in the areas of analysis and design, implementation and system integration, and execution, in line with agreed plans and strategies.
- Works on multiple phases of a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
- Takes responsibility for a certain area and conditions as well as results evaluation, problem resolution and planning.
- Selects appropriate standards, methods, tools and applications for project use.
- Applies data analysis and data modelling techniques to modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Creates and executes basic non-functional test scripts following a given set of guidelines and sets up test environments, data and monitors.
- Designs, codes, tests and documents simple programs or scripts and assist in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered system.
- Co-ordinates the information gathering and reporting process, conducting research to define problems and preparing responses to anticipated questions.
- Accurately identifies project risks and reports effectively to relevant stakeholders. Manages issues, risks, actions, dependencies, and defects to the success of the project.
- Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Can report on system quality and collects metrics on test cases.
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Maintains the status of project and provides guidance to the work of junior team members, works across teams to achieve group goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Foundation
- Additional course or certification in Quality Engineering
- Certification in NFT Tools such HP QTP, Selenium, HP LR etc.
- 2 years of Test Automation OR Development experience.
- Advanced understanding of at least one programming language such as using LINQ and .NET collections for C# or stream(), aggregate functions, and lambda expressions for Java
- Experience using unit testing frameworks to test REST and SOAP services at the correct automation layer
- Ability to solve complex problems and operate independent of direction
- Firm understanding of critical design patterns such as: factory, builder, adapter, singleton, observer, and strategy patterns
- Firm understanding and demonstrated implementation of SOLID Principles
- Can build and execute complex SQL queries
- Knowledge and experience using object-relational-mapping (ORM) tools
- Has a good understanding of the various aspects of test automation including security testing and performance/load/stress testing
- Should have experience with Selenium Web Driver, HP UFT, HP LoadRunner, Cucumber, SoapUI and Agile Delivery