Job location: Durban
Job sector: Business Analyst
Works independently taking full responsibility for a certain area within Business Analysis. Primary role in Business Analysis acting as a key interface between the technical project team and user communities. This position serves as liaison between the technical team and subject matter experts/end users
- Works on multiple phases of a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
- Applies standards and methodologies, provides expertise and support on use of methods and tools.
- Responsible for needs analysis, project or task planning, process/data analysis and modeling and/or logical database design.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Identifies and assesses risks to the success of the project. Agrees the project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracking activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifying potential benefits and available options for consideration.
- Produces specific business cases and scenarios and defines and documents system acceptance criteria.
- Defines routine, integrated processes and documents using basic formal process charting techniques.
- Works on formal requirements gathering and documentation. Assists in the collection of functional and technical requirements and in the development of design documents.
- Works on projects using available frameworks and tools and establishes plans for projects with on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Maintains the status of project and provides guidance to the work of junior team members. Works across teams to achieve group goals.
- Test coverage analysis, risk prioritisation, analysis of defect trends, and identification of risks associated with issues identified in the project.
- Prepares project scope. Provides inputs to test strategy and approach.
- Preparation of training material for the team and vertical practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Additional course or certification in Business Analysis