Senior Test Manager
Job location: Durban
Job sector: Quality Assurance
Directs and manages the full project-life cycle, setting standards for assignments and applications. Responsible for the delivery of the defined work packages to the client and providing effective management to teams and giving guidance to others and key business users. Provides management for the team in planning, designing, and developing frameworks and procedures relating to quality whilst meeting on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Takes full responsibility for all phases of testing and the management of the testing activities within a development and complex project.
- To develop and communicate an Overall Testing Strategy for the Project to include but not limited;
- The scope of Testing
- Test Methodology
- Appropriate number of test phases
- Roles and Responsibilities of Project stakeholders in relation to testing and Resource plannin
- Management of Test Data
- Use of Test Tools including potential use of Automation tools
- Plans and oversees the planning of the system and acceptance tests and coordinates the execution of these plans
- Responsible for the production and approval of all testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones during a project.
- Articulate and Report on all strategic key information to Executive team.
- Provide updates to engagement manager/s.
- BSC in computer science or equivalent degree / National Diploma
- ISTQB in Advanced Test Management (or equivalent) preferred
- Project management certification (i.e. PMI PMP, Prince2) advantageous
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years in Quality Assurance, with experience in writing test strategies, test plans, test cases, and in test automation
- Subject matter expertise in RETAIL industry
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of quality assurance processes, standards, methodologies, and tools
- Previous experience of managing and completing complex projects especially in the RETAIL sector
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Ability to influence Stakeholders and sell the value of testing
- Understanding of test management tools/solutions/integrations JIRA and SPIRATest or ALM/QC, MS TM would be an advantage
- Proven ability to challenge conventional thought and offer unique perspectives and ideas
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines