QE Technical Engineer
Job location: Johannesburg
Works independently taking full responsibility for a certain area. Works on quality engineering projects using available frameworks and tools and establishing plans for projects with on-time and on-budget project goals. Primary role in Quality Engineering in the areas of analysis and design, implementation and system integration, and execution, in line with agreed plans and strategies.
- Works on multiple phases of a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
- Takes responsibility for a certain area and conditions as well as results evaluation, problem resolution and planning.
- Selects appropriate standards, methods, tools and applications for project use.
- Applies data analysis and data modelling techniques to modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Creates and executes basic non-functional test scripts following a given set of guidelines and sets up test environments, data and monitors.
- Designs, codes, tests and documents simple programs or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered system.
- Coordinates the information gathering and reporting process, conducting research to define problems and preparing responses to anticipated questions.
- Accurately identifies project risks and reports effectively to relevant stakeholders. Manages issues, risks, actions, dependencies, and defects to the success of the project.
- Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Can report on system quality and collects metrics on test cases.
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Maintains the status of project and provides guidance to the work of junior team members, works across teams to achieve group goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Foundation
- Additional course or certification in Quality Engineering.
- Demonstrable experience in technical testing
- Assisting in formulating risk based performance test requirements
- Able to Design, Plan, Execute and Report on performance tests
- Experience and knowledge in any of the performance testing tools such as HP Performance Center/ LoadRunner, JMeter, Neoload etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Excellent time management
- Good client-facing skills, experience in developing partnerships with the team and client and collaborating with others to exceed client expectations.
- Good problem-solving skills, has experience in proposing different options and solutions for approaching and resolving issues.
- Good people skills, with experience in supporting and mentoring others3Good self-management. Can set and work to quantified goals and standards
Nice to have
- 3yrs performance testing experience
- Retail experience
- Agile experience
- Experience in API testing